Tuesday 12 September 2017

"Dream" - Maja Design - Summertime Collection

Hello friends. Tina Ollett with you here today to share my newest Maja Designs creation. I have reverted back to a favourite collection this time around....... "Summertime". With this beautiful collection I created a soft shabby layout full of gorgeous Petaloo flowers from Penny Lane Garden Collection. Petaloo are sponsoring Maja this month with their wonderful flowers...... thank you Petaloo !!

2017-09-12 Dream - Maja Design Creation - September 040

..............."Dream".............
Oh how I loved this collection I think I have already mentioned that but it definitely is a favourite for me. As always my layout evolved slowly and didn't finish off how I had imagined by I was quite happy with my end project. Below are all the papers I used from this collection. Some of the papers were gessoed to help with the effect I was looking for. I have used lots of media and paints to colour my papers and Dusty Attic chipboards.










I have used bucket loads of these gorgeous flowers for this project. Some of these are just so dainty and gorgeous they were crying out to be used.

2017-09-12 Dream - Maja Design Creation - September 080 (600x800)

My background papers was firstly primed with gesso and then I laid down a run of 3D Gloss gel and over that some very distressed muslin. This was my starting point and from here I layered my page with photo matting papers from the Summertime collection and then the sepia toned photo over the top.

2017-09-12 Dream - Maja Design Creation - September 032

Around my photo I used some beautiful Leafy Stem Dusty Attic chipboards. To the right of the photo I added in a Arch Window also from Dusty Attic. These were all dressed in Crackle Pastes, inks (Distress Inks) and Prima Art Alchemy Green Gold Acrylic Paint. You can see above that I also added in some Art Stones.

2017-09-12 Dream - Maja Design Creation - September 034

I did a little stamping with a Carte Postal stamp at the side of my photo and very randomly with a script stamp.

2017-09-12 Dream - Maja Design Creation - September 084

For my title I have used a very old rub on that I added to some transparency paper and cut out. I have the hugest collection of rub-ons that I just can't get enough of!!

2017-09-12 Dream - Maja Design Creation - September 085

You can see above that I also added some Texture Crackle Paste to my background page to help bring the project together. Lastly I went over my whole project dry brushing with white gesso to help keep this very muted and to of course keep the photo the centre of attention. This photo is of my youngest daughter which was taken by a friend at a school excursion a few years back now when she was only in prep. How time flies she is now a highschooler!!

Well that is all from me today. I so hope that you enjoyed my project and I hope to see you back here again very soon. Stay tuned for more design team prettiness tomorrow.

Take care and happy crafting!!Tina-sign

No comments:

Post a Comment

Special Guest

Special Guest
2017